Tuesday, 11 January 2011

OUGD102 - Collection 100 - Websites

Looking how I could move on with my research I began to look at different websites for various Gurdwaras across the UK, too see whether as a part of this project I could ultimately create a online directory that has 100 Sikh Temples..

Oadby Gurdwara Leicester - http://www.oadbygurdwara.com/




Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha Southall - http://www.sgsss.org/




Guru Nanak Darbar - Gravesend - http://www.gurunanakdarbar.org/




Milton Keynes Gurdwara - http://www.sikhsocietymk.co.uk/



Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara - Bradford - http://www.bradfordgurdwara.com/




Gurdwara Nanak Nisham Sewak Jatha - Leeds - http://www.gnnsjleeds.com/index.php




Gurdwara Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib Ji - Manchester - http://www.gsghks.org.uk/





Sri Guru Singh Sabha - Derby - http://www.sgssderby.co.uk/




Ramgharia Gurdwara - Coventry - http://www.ramgarhiagurdwara.com/index.html




Panth Prakaash Gurdwara - Leicester





After looking at a variety of different websites for Sikh Temples across the UK, I found that nearly all of them have a similar format, each has a homepage, about, media (photos, video, audio), schedule and contact us page. Unfortunately I found that only a few of these websites where kept update with many on featuring events that have happened in 2008/2009. I also found that many of the websites had a simplified colour palette with many of them using blue and orange, the colours that are most commonly used by Sikhs as they have the most relevance. Other websites have used yellow another colour commonly used. By simply using paler colours the website is then easier to navigate through as it ultimately becomes easier to read the information that is provided.

I think that there could be a way of putting all this information from each Gurdwara onto one website where each Gurdwara is able to present information about the Gurdwara contact information and media, this together would form a concise directory that could be updates easily. Also linking to their own website would still give the Gutdwara the opportunity to show their own information. I think from looking at various websites of Gurdwaras I could go ahead and look at current online directory thats have listings of Gurdwaras.

No comments:

Post a Comment