As I intend to use spot varnish for the posters I decided to look at some examples of design where spot varnish has been used;
http://www.behance.net/gallery/Premiss/315037
Cant see the spot varnish too well on here but it works quite well over the image especially as the design is really simple.
http://www.behance.net/gallery/Anthon-B-Nilsen/665471?utm_source=network&utm_medium=project_footer&utm_campaign=project_footer_references
Think that the spot varnish works so much better on thid type of stock as you can really see its effect. Think that it really helps the images to stand out.
http://www.behance.net/gallery/Falling-in-Love/45893
Not really a fan of the poster itself but do like the finish with the spot varnish, think that it works well overall.
http://www.behance.net/gallery/Business-Card-Design/598268]
A really simple design for business cards but the spot varnish makes them work really well and ads a touch of sophistication to the design. I think that juts applying spot varnish onto the logo on the main posters would probably work best.
http://www.behance.net/gallery/Logo-Business-Cards/451727
Quite an interesting logo for a food chain, but think that it works well, the use of spot varnish is relevant as there hasn't been too much used.










No comments:
Post a Comment