Wednesday, 30 March 2011

What is graphic design for? www.graphicthoughtfacility.com

Work from London based design company GTF.

Design Museum
Identity
2003


The illustrative style with in this works really well, the simple line drawings with the bold type are a slight contrast but I think this is what makes it more obvious. Again the use of design in a set location where it is giving directions shows how important the purpose of something can be. The type used needs to be clear and simple so people can are able to find out exactly where everything is. 

Habitat
2002
The objective of Habitat’s re-branding was to introduce a unique and therefore defensible element to the graphic identity while still retaining the familiar word mark. The ‘Love your home’ logo refers to graphics used by the store in the 1970s.
 






I like the main focus of the branding for Habitat where it is about loving your home. In my opinion I think the typeface used is actually quite feminine, not too sure whether that was their intention or not im not entirely sure. I think these examples of work show how branding has to be really versatile and work and work across a selection of different media. I think the initial logo works really well on it's own but I don't like the catalogue design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment